11.21.2007

Tagged?

OK, Thanks Lindsey for the tag....er, not really. But here is the first of 2.

Jobs: I could write a novel. I am the queen of different summer jobs and of having at least 2 jobs going all the time. But lets start from the beginning.

High school-
Ski shop: I beg for this job as soon as I was old enough to get a job. I worked at Eaton Mountain (er...hill) I ran the rental and ski shop. It was a dirty, cold, tiny shop but it was all mine. I worked there for three winters. There were some very good times at the shop and at that mountain

Entrance Gate to the Skowhegan state fair: only lasted a week, but when you play soccer three times a week all summer, its hard to get a job.

College-
Archeology "do whatever they ask you to" person: I scrubbed dirt off bones and bit of clay by the HOUR. Not the most thrilling job. I did get to do alittle field work, but never turned up anything to fantastic. Just shovel and sift, shovel and sift.

SKI COACH: started coaching alpine racing at Kents Hill winter 2000. I am a classic cast of "those who can, do and those who cant, teach" I raced in high school, and wasnt anything fantastic and I certainly wasnt going to race in college. But I love to coach and I am actually not to bad at it. This was a great job. I still have managed to coach every winter (except the one I was HUGE with Isabelle)

Painted houses: Worked for college Pro painted houses. One of the best jobs that I still look back and laugh because we had so much fun. It was hard work, and I was exausted every day, but I loved the crew I had, I love being outdoors and I love painting. A perfect combination!

Red Oak Sports: You all remember that store, no?....thats because its now out of business. I pestered this guy for so long till he gave me a job. I sold camping, climbing and hiking gear. I dont think I made any money because I got such good deals that we always bought stuff there. when they went out of business...Jim cleaned house and we now outfit most of our friends on any expedition.

Computer tech at UMF- the night shift: I have no idea how I got this job. people brought in thier computers and I usually said..hmmm, I dont know, I will have someone look at it in the morning.

Pizza joint (whom will remain nameless...) It was so awful, I didnt last long. I quit after 3 weeks. gross, annoying and will never eat there again.

Mowing lawns for a summer: I worked for Kents Hill School mowing lawns and doing some gardening. I thought I would really like it..mow lawns, get a tan how bad could it be. Then there was the week that I pushed mowed for 27 hours.....not so fun.

Making Ice at the Ice rink here in town: Cold, Cold, Cold. We had a fire hose an thats how we made ice all night. nothing like being cold and wet. but it was easy and it was money and Jim and I got to work together. You do what you have to do. I would often come home from ski practice and go right to the rink to make ice.

Hostess at the Homestead: I loved this job, seat people, chat and make drinks. It was really alot of fun. I was sad when we moved

Post- College:

LL Bean phone sales: SNORE...this was the most boring job ever. I only lasted around a month. I was really just in it for the discount and by the end of it, the discount couldnt even keep me there (thank you micah, for letting me use yours!)

Assistant to the Financial and community relations director: This started out as a temp. job. She was tough to work for, but I really worked hard and earned her respect. She went through alot of assistants and was pumped when I accepted the full time position that she offered me. I stayed 9 months till we moved back up north.

I recently got my Real Estates license and I am now selling houses. I love it. I think I am a bit nosey so I like to see other peoples houses and imagine what I would do to it if it were my house.

OK, so there you have it. My jobs. There are a few I left out. like, cleaning peoples houses, Cleaning the Church, working at a gift shop in both Farmington and in Portland. I also still coach skiiing, but for Mt. Abram now (kents hill is to far away) So anyway, you get the idea.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Hi ! I have been reading your blog through a link in Marie's blog. I think I have even met you afew times (mostly Girl's Night). I was just wondering. How do you go about getting a real estate license? It sounds like a lot of fun. And are you able to take children with you when you work?

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000