11.05.2007

The Potty Chronicles

Ode to the potty. So we hit a MAJOR milestone this week. No, not the 165 hyper, overly dressed children that graced our doorstep, begging for candy, or the first minor snowfall that left my car covered in a sheet of thick frozen ice. Our major milestone was the poop. And not just any poop. The poop, that made it into the potty. Yes folks. Isabelle went on the potty for the first time Saturday night and boy are we excited about it. Never in my entire life had I pictured my self sitting on the floor facing my...nearly 2 year old...and cheering for every toot, grunt and eventually poop that made it into that potty. We are talking some serious cheering. Cheering that I think Isabelle wasnt laughing at the fact that she was pooping on the pot, but that mom was being so ridiculous about it her pooping on the pot. Yippee for the blessed potty. We have passed through the threshold of diaperhood and are heading in the direction of real under-roo's and potties. Oh happy day.


Halloween night, Isabelle and I went to a few of the neighbors for trick or treating. She was so cute, how could I not parade her down the road in her bee costume. This is a face full of smarties..Isabelles favorite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i will have a party for all of my mommy friends when charley and baby #3 are both potty trained. not having to wipe poopy bums is definitely something to cheer about. revel in it, sis. this is the moment of glory all parents revel in.

Anonymous said...

yeah, we are back to wiping poopy bums, at 3 in the morning no less..we already look forward to Mattie wiping her own belongings...
Your post brings back memories of Liliana...We also were so excited when she started to do her business herself..but the clincher for her was when mommy was getting stickers (that i proudly displayed on my shirt) for putting my own poops in the toilet...nothing motivates my daughter more than a little incentive...she couldnt stand to look at all of my stickers....

Ashleigh said...

Hello Leah! This is Ashleigh Hatch, Ansen Hatch's wife. Jackie (Hayes-if you still haven't clicked with the connection) told me about your blog. I thought I'd say hi. Congratulations on potty training. It's an exciting moment and I completely understand the cheering.

Ashleigh said...

P.S. You're little girl is a doll. Carol talks about how cute she is all the time.

Anonymous said...

you've been TAGGED! see my last two listings for details...

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000