2.07.2008

Welcome to the arctic circle

This is third day of snow this week, with more on the way promised for Saturday (A great birthday present for someone who loves snow!) I do really love snow and the winter time but there is a limit how often I want to shovel my driveway. 4 times in one week has got to be past the limit. This onslaught of snow is putting a damper on EVERYTHING. Every race and practice this week has been canceled or postponed. Which causes more chaos because there is nothing like getting everything ready to go so that I can be on the road this morning at 6, to drop off my two year old (waking a two year old at six is just cruel anyway) organizing times ect, ect, ect only to find out while in the shower this morning that the race (MVC's!!!!) has been CANCELED!!! DUE TO SNOW?!?!?! what the heck! So I get to spend another day at home shoveling the driveway again.

However, There is reason to rejoice.
I can post blogs from home now! Many of you may not know this but I don't have REAL internet at home. I "hack" wireless internet from the elementary school across the road. They know us, we work in the school district and they don't mind. But the internet has a filter that we have lovingly named the "Net Nanny." Which means I can not visit any sites that you can shop on, personal pages, forums, anything that might be leud or explicit. Which pretty much leaves me with checking my email, news and weather a few knitting sites and church sites. So anyway, back to rejoicing. They have changed the net nanny. There are still many sites I cant get into, but many that I can! I can shop!!!! I can update blogs!!!! Read everyone else's blogs!!! SHOP MORE!!!! when you live in a small town and hate walmart, shopping online is where its at. I am excited.

My little Picasso. We got out the paints that Isabelle got for her birthday. She's a little harsh on paint brushes but had a blast and took her painting very seriously

3 comments:

Tara said...

Glad your internet has opened up some! I love seeing the pictures you put... and I hope Isabelle enjoyed her paints! :)

Anonymous said...

ah yes. they must have heard tale of your lewd stinson friends in north carolina. good thing we've toned it down for public presentation on blogger.

you're welcome and happy shopping!!

Anonymous said...

great idea, get her in the woods get her naked and have some fun

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000