2.21.2008

Champions



Busy week. Sorry to all for the lack of post. But here is a bit to catch you up

Jim left Wednesday Morning for his annual winter camping trip. Chuck, Jared, Bob and Jim headed to Gulf Hagas. I came to the realization that my dear husband needs at least 5 hours to properly pack everything. Through out the day on Tuesday we were in and out of the house. So at about 7pm, Jim decides he had better start. Well the phone rang…then rang again. And 10pm rolled around. Still not finished of course. I headed to bed. I am useless after 10 anyway. At 1am I woke up. Jim had still not come to bed. So I headed down stairs. Now picture if you will… We have a large plate glass window that looks over our porch. I glance out the window and I am startled because someone is on the porch. I look again. It is Jim standing in the middle of the porch. Winter gear on, belt for his tow sled is on and he is clipping and re-clipping the blasted sled to his belt. AT 1:00 IN THE MORNING. The man has a 12 mile ski tomorrow and he playing with his toys on the front porch! I will never understand.

So anyway, in the mean time.
My ski team won MVC’s (moutain valley championships) last Friday. We won across the board. Alpine and Nordic combined. It was great and made us look forward to States.

Today was the GS portion of states which the girls won! (Despite Sunday river not knowing how to run a proper race, miserable cold and wind)

Slalom is tomorrow and its another day of being up before the sun, so I will be rockin the same socks and jocks till then. Not that we coaches are superstitions, but why chance it…..

Winning is fun

Till then…happy trails.


Isabelle digs her new jacket for next winter.

2 comments:

Tara said...

It's gotta be a guy thing... Bob was up till at least 1:00am getting his stuff together too...don't know that he was out on the deck, though... don't know why they do those kinds of things! Heard they had a good time!

Tuthill Family said...

I cannot get over how much she looks like you - too cute!
PS: I love the PURPLE jacket! Nice choice!

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000