10.10.2007

What the....?


So, I know you have all experienced it before. You buy toys from the small and zippy to the large and plastic, hoping that your child will love and cherish and hopefully spend a few blissful moments entertaining themselves. My child however (like many of yours, I'm sure) prefers milk jug caps, boxes and lately the dryer. Yep, thats right, the dryer. I was washing a few dishes at the sink and heard a strange noise. Like someone trying to blow into a screen. I peeked around the corner to see where it was coming from. I see no Isabelle, but I still hear the noise. Then as I walk past the dryer...there she is. Perched inside the drying blowing into the holes at the back of the dryer. What the heck! She grinned with her accomplishment of climbing into the drying and finding such exciting treasures at the back (apparently, I had been holding out on her!) and proceed to blow into the holes some more. Ahh, the adventures of a toddler.


Recently Pop-pop made us a new toy box. This was quickly emptied and replaced with "blankie, mick" and a few books to read. What pop-pop didnt know, was that he was making a new reading corner.

Why buy toys when you have a box of packing peanuts????


Is this normal? Do normal children really enjoy clear glass plates this much..no joke, this was entertaining for at least a half hour! Not only for her, but the faces were pretty funny for us too!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hi friends. I was hoping to let you know that I know that you're bloggers now! Wooohooooo!!! Here's kim's blog: http://cheznousinmaine.blogspot.com and mine, http://nursemike.wordpress.com. Give us a visit! - Mike

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited to see you're all hooked up now! it will be so great to watch isabelle grow up....even from so far away. micah will be thrilled!

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000