5.14.2008

Noses

So Isabelle has a runny nose. But yesterday she came around the corner sniffling and watery eyes.
The conversation went something like this:

Do you need to blow your nose?
Yes.
(Nose is blown)
Ooowwwwweee Momma
Whats wrong?
Pretzel inna nose
You have a pretzel in your nose?!?!?
Yessss (sniffle)
OH MY GOSH!
(A small panic attack...deep breath)

So after some blows and no success. Then a small temper tantrum. We all calmed down and I was able to take some tweezers and pull out the pretzle which was an INCH LONG!

I--------------I

HELLOOOOO, what posses a child to stick that much pretzel in her nose?!?!
I never cease to be amazed.

5 comments:

brycemoore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brycemoore said...

The other day my son started screaming in his room. I rushed up to see what the problem was. He'd shoved one of his toys up his nose so far it wouldn't come out. I managed to get it out, and he calmed down, but still . . . Sometimes you have to wonder what goes on in a child's mind.

("Here's a toy. It looks about the same size as my nostril. I could stick it up there, and that way, if I ever got bored, I could just take it out and play with it . . ."

Megan and Sean said...

What's up with these kids??? About a month ago Embree came and got on the couch next to me after dinner. She started gagging, then she was fine. She was also sticking her finger up her nosril. This went on for 1/2 hour or so until I decided to look in her mouth and lo and behold two strings of spagetti hanging from her nose all the way down her throat. Long story short, after ONE HOUR and a lot of gagging, puking, and laughing I got them out! Jeez, what next??

Tara said...

Yikes! Poor girl! I guess I've been fortunate that the only nose stuffing up event we've had was one little bead, by Beth, which she was able to blow out.

Anonymous said...

we're back

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000