3.07.2008

*Sigh*

Sickness.....

I have avoided it all winter. To the point of...Purel-ing my kid's hands after nursery on sunday, purel-ing the handles and anything that Isabelle might touch on the shopping carts. I used that stinkin' little thing of purel everywhere I go and still....

Sickness.

Isabelle and I spent Wednesday nursing a fever under the electric blanket on the couch. Tuesday she managed to spew all over the back of my Jeep. And I new that was the beginning. My luck had run out. A somewhat horrifying event for a new mom and any one who doesn't deal with puke well. I happen to be both. The image is still too fresh in my mind, and I have yet to regain my appetite (that could be somewhat due to the PLAGUE that I have contracted as well)

Even better I had to pull myself together Thursday night to go to my Ski Banquet and present awards to my kids. All I could muster was a clean shirt and a pony tail. The evening went off without a hitch though

Hope.

I am better today, Isabelle is 100% better. She will run by me and pat my face saying "better momma?"

"Yes dear, Momma is better" I will be back in my "A Game" tomorrow as we all wait for Daddy to catch it.....




Snows coming tomorrow...time to get the one woman snow moving machine, out to work....

2 comments:

Zarah said...

I'm glad that you guys are feeling better! It's been a strange winter for sicknesses. We've been sick a couple times and are hoping that we won't have to go through it again.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Ponder this....

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. 
 Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000